Here share with you on how to make remote key fob for 02 BMW 3 series:
- Working within the vehicle and with the doors shut.
- Turn the ignition to position 1 and come back to off within 5 seconds.
- Remove the key from ignition and press and hold the unlocked button for 15 seconds. While within 15 seconds, you need to press the key lock button 3 times within 5 seconds.
- Release both button.
- Door will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred.
Alternate if you do not have a working remote:
- Turn key to position 1 five times very quickly.
- Remote key
- Hold unlock button then press lock button 3 times, release unlock button.
- If you have another key do the same button pressing within 30 seconds.
- Turn on ignition to finalize.
Note: This programming procedure programs the remote control part of the key. Any transponder chip for the immobilizer (starting of car) will not be programmed and must be done by a specialist. You will need to visit your local dealer or locksmith to have your remote programmed to your car using diagnostic equipment.
To do this procedure you need to have one working key and one key that need to be programmed.
1. Get in and close all doors.
2. Turn on the ignition and turn off quickly. (No more than 5 seconds) to start the process. Next action must take place within 30 seconds.
3. Remove the 1st key.
4. Hold the key up near your left shoulder (this is so it is closer to the remote receiver antenna.
5. Hold down the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times. Release the unlock button and the doors lock which confirms the operation.
6. Quickly repeat steps 4 & 5 for key #2 etc.
If it does not work, try doing the keys in opposite order.
So far, all above are 3 methods on remote key fob instructions.
In addition, to prepare for yourself really powerful car key programmer is also an efficient way, especially when you are badly in need. Here obd2eshop list several best-sold powerful key programmers for your reference, like AK500+ key programmer, SKP-900 and more.